- the cucumber basil cocktail
Do you know Le Vanina ? The Italian restaurant in Château La Coste that makes handmade pasta and pizzas from fresh, organic produce in the traditional Italian way?
For evenings with friends, aperitifs with the family, the restaurant Vanina has designed its signature cocktail, a fresh and summery cocktail : Le Vanina.
LE VANINA :
Ingredients - for one person
- 1 cucumber
- 5 basil leaves
- 6 cl lemon juice
- 6 cl cane sugar syrup
- 6 cl Hendricks Gin
- Ice cubes
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice a cucumber very thinly so that you end up with two nice slices.
- Place one cucumber slice rolled up on itself at the bottom of your cocktail glass.
- In a small container, crush the second cucumber slice and 3 basil leaves.
- Pour the mixture into a shaker along with the lemon juice, cane sugar syrup and Hendricks Gin.
- Stir the shaker up and down and from left to right.
- Add three ice cubes to your glass and then pour your cocktail from the shaker.
- Add a straw, 2 basil leaves and enjoy chilled.
- Ideal for an aperitif, a summer evening or for any occasion.