Milanese Eggplant by Chef Francis Mallmann
- 6 eggplant
- 5 eggs
- 30g fresh oregano
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 750g breadcrumbs
- 400g butter
- olive oil
- 1 green salad
- 2 purple onions
Preparation of the eggplant :
- Cook the eggplant whole on the coals, turning them until they are tender and whole.
- Allow to cool.
- Peel them while keeping their shape.
- Gently crush them by hand.
Preparation of the Milanese Eggplant :
- Gently place sliced garlic and fresh oregano leaves on top.
- Mix salt, pepper and eggs separately.
- Coat one side of the eggploant with the mixture and then coat with fresh breadcrumbs.
- Repeat the procedure on the other side of the aubergine.
- In a griddle or frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter and cook the breadcrumbs on both sides until evenly browned.
- Serve with a salad of greens and red onions seasoned with olive oil.